Friday, October 21, 2011

Shameless Plug

A couple of years ago, I had an unexpected career shift. Without getting into nitty gritty details, I stumbled upon The Reading Room and became one of their dyslexia tutors. I have the coolest job in the world! For one, I'm doing the greatest part of my original career path--watching students learn and grow into confident, capable readers and learners. I get to watch the wheels turn in their little heads and the light bulb finally go off. Second, it challenges me because I've always enjoyed and excelled at reading. I went into kindergarten reading and throughout elementary and middle school, I had a book with me basically at all times. I have difficulty relating to people who struggled with reading since I never experienced that.

However, far too many people do struggle with reading. And spelling. That's where we come in! My office is jumping into the 21st century (OK, really we've had plenty of technology all along in the office. Now we're going beyond our walls). They have a blog, a Facebook page, and my boss was recently on the local news to discuss some early warning signs and their homework technology workshop.

If you or someone you know has difficulty reading and spelling, check out our website to learn more and give Stacey a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment