Sunday, December 21, 2008

These are the days...

This weekend has been the one that the holiday season was made for. As has become our tradition, we got dressed up and went out to dinner at nicer restaurants we don't typically eat at. This year, we decided to try out the Nagasaki Inn. We ate at the hibachi grill, which is always exciting (fire!). If you're in the Lexington, KY or Evansville, IN areas, check it out! Afterwards, we went looking at Christmas lights before heading home.
Us before dinner



Today, Adam checked the weather as we laid in bed before church. At 9:00 AM, we had already reached the high for today at 20-some odd degrees. The temperature would start falling before hitting a low of 7. Yes, 7. As in 7-ones. As in a single digit, an odd number between 6 and 8, 7. BRRRRR! After church, Adam cooked a pot of chili and I built a fire. Whenever we buy a house, one of the requirements is quickly becoming "has a fireplace." Other than that, we've been fairly lazy, save for a few chores like ironing (which I should have done last week when I did laundry). I'm looking forward to the 2 weeks of sleeping in, watching movies, and playing Wii Fit. Adam is looking forward to everyone being back from their vacations!

Mom and "Death" during Franklin's "Dickens of a Christmas"


"Father Christmas" and "Charles Dickens" with my dad, me, and Adam














Charlie and Barbara in their Christmas outfits

1 comment:

  1. Your cats are so precious! Also, I am very impressed that you actually iron. I am a wrinkle spray girl myself. Tony and I have a travel sized ironing board that we pull out once a year for very special occasions. haha. I can't believe the cold weather all over the place. It feels like a total of 16 degrees here in Jackson. Yep. 16. In Mississippi. Farther south than I've ever lived before. Ugh! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete