Monday, December 12, 2011

More Christmas!

I'm back with another 2 on Tuesdays, linking up with Andrea. It's basically the only thing I write about these days. But have no fear! My awesome uncle sent his annual Lowe's gift card with his Christmas card (it has evolved from a check to the gift card since we bought our house). I made a pit stop on my way home from work today to get lumber for my laundry dresser. I'm off this coming Friday morning, all day next Friday, and the whole week after Christmas. Minus an eye doctor appointment, I'll have plenty of time for my closet re-boot and maybe even tackle the pesky "toilet room."

Enough babble. On to the topic: What are your two favorite Christmas songs? What is your favorite Christmas movie?

I freaking LOVE Christmas. The presents, the sparkle, the magic that just seems to be in the air. I adore wrapping presents (which Husband loves since he thinks he's terrible at it). I created my own playlist of music to listen to as I wrap. Out of my general Christmas/Holiday Smart Playlist, I have these as my "Top Christmas", in no particular order:
Winter Song: Sara Barellies and Ingrid Michaelson
Christmas in Dixie: Alabama
Breath of Heaven: Amy Grant (one of my youth directors growing up sang this one Sunday during worship and I was instantly in love)
The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't be Late): The Chipmunks (when I was little, instead of "Me I want a hula-hoop," I sang "Me I want yahoo, yahoo!" Like Yahoo! Christmas is coming!)
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
Christmas Song: Dave Matthews Band (Really top favorite)
Carol of the Bells (the singing version, not just instruments)
Mary, Did You Know?
Angels We Have Heard on High (the sheet music had me mesmerized every year at my church's Christmas Eve service)
I'm Gettin' Nothin' for Christmas

Christmas movies are a little easier to narrow down. Of course, there's the perennial TV specials: Rudolph, Frosty, Grinch, and Charlie Brown. Husband and I DVRed them all this year and watched them one night by the fire. And of course dissected just how much suspension of disbelief one needs for those movies--anyone else notice how totally racist and sexist Santa and Donner are?

However, when push comes to shove, Christmas just isn't Christmas without:
(All images courtesy of Google search)
Christmas Vacation




















A Christmas Story (TBS marathon style)












Elf



















P.S. PSA: Don't Google search "Elf." Only the first hew hits are the movie. The rest are just scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment