Y'all! I am so excited! My buddy Oscar, at A Canine Opines, nominated yours truly for a Stylish Blogger!
I've seen this pop up on several blogs I follow and always figured I didn't have the traffic or followers to participate. When I saw it pop up in his latest post, I actually clicked the link to make sure it was me and not someone else! I am honestly humbled (or as Kelly would say, "chawed"). I certainly don't think of myself as "stylish" in anyway, but I'll gladly accept! Thank you, Oscar!
This award comes with some responsibilities and they are:
- Thank the blogger who gave the award. (Check!)
- Share 7 things about yourself/your pets. (This is like 2 Truths and a Lie...which I am terrible at coming up with TWO things about me! I can do it though.)
- Pass the award onto 15 other bloggers. (I don't know if I know 15 bloggers that haven't already received this, but we'll see what I can do!)
7 Things About Me:
1. We (Husband and I) adopted a Jack Russel mix last summer. He has brought even more laughter and joy to our relationship. You can read his blog here: A Tale of a Tail
2. I have a fear of heights and slight fear of water (Clearly, Mister comes by his fear honestly). Consequently, I HATE bridges. Lord help us if there's a back-up on the International Bridge.
3. I have spent at least a couple of days each summer at my family's cabin in Canada. Except one. I don't like to talk about why.
4. I read too much into things and often end up with my feelings hurt for probably no reason.
5. I am a "cradle Disciple" meaning I have belonged to a Disciples of Christ church my whole life. It's about as non-denominational as a denomination can be. I love it.
6. I'm actually pretty introverted. Depending on the context in which you know me, this may be surprising. However, I much prefer observing to participating. Although that may just be because I'm socially awkward (thanks Transy).
7. One of my top three times of day is after I "powder my nose" after waking up. Mister waits at the bathroom door and is so adorable in his sitting. Then he play bows and if I squat down, he rolls onto his back for a belly rub. Like clock-work. Love this dog!
Alright, so now it's time to nominate. Most of the things on my Reader are news feeds (if you count celebrity gossip as news). So I'm just going to list some of my (and a few of Mister's favorite blogs.
Life's Garden (this one's a shameless plug. It's my mom's!)